It’s been awhile since updates to the Famicity application have been announced but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working hard to be improving our application to provide you with the best experience possible.
To increase your user experience, here are some of our latest updates.
Integration with FamilySearch.org
Famicity is now integrated with FamilySearch.org that allows you to log in and retrieve your family tree. Thanks to this partnership, you are now able to gather all of your living family in a secured and private place.
Photo Album Functionality
- The album’s slideshow now transitions smoothly and can be adjusted with your finger on touch devices.
- You can now zoom on feed and timeline’s photos by clicking/touching them.
- Reordering photos in albums is back! With just a few clicks, you can organize the photos in your albums easily and quickly.
- GEDCOM imports now accept approximate dates. For example, information won’t be lost if data is entered as “Est 1850”.
- Mobile notifications are now sent to each user’s device instead of the last one that the user was logged into.
- The new date field allows you to enter incomplete dates. It can be used anywhere in the Famicity app except when you enter your birthday upon site registration.
- Step by step help for new users
- Help link appears now in the left sidebar menu
We are always making updates and improvements to Famicity including the mobile application. Check for updates often in your mobile device’s app store.
If you ever have any suggestions, questions or need help with a functionality, check out Famicity’s help page.